A Connecticut family was saved from a house fire by a newlywed who rushed inside through thick smoke while wearing her wedding gown.
Officials say Georgette Clemons had just left herwhen she spotted smoke coming from a Bridgeport home.
Clemons got out of the car she was riding in and ran into the home. She says a woman was yelling about her animals and didn’t want to leave, so she had to pull her out.
As firefighters arrived and battled the blaze after members of the Eitelberg family were rescued, Clemons was nearby folding her blackened wedding dress.
Clemons says she messed up her shoes, but says that’s no big deal because everyone is safe.